riverman_paul

I created an implementation of spine-c in c++. The example rendering code states that it does does not support clipping at the bottom of the page. Is it possible to support clipping by changing the rendering implementation code, or is it not possible to do this yet?

Sorry if this was already answered recently, but I did a search and didn't find anything.
头像
riverman_paul
帖子: 21

Nate

Can you please link the page that says clipping is not supported? Clipping is supported in spine-c.

You may be interested in our official C++ runtime:
spine-runtimes/spine-cpp at 3.7-beta
While it is currently in the 3.7-beta branch, it will work with data exported from both Spine 3.6.x and 3.7.x.
头像
Nate

Nate
帖子: 8204

riverman_paul

See the very last line of this page: http://esotericsoftware.com/spine-c: "The current setup does not support clipping." So far everything else I've tried using with my spine-c implementation is working. I don't know what version of spine-c I am using, but the source files say "Spine Runtimes Software License v2.5"

Edit: I appear to be using spine-c 3.6.

Also, I am very excited about the generic c++ runtime! Thank you for developing that, and also for keeping it in c++ 3 standard, I do the same thing with my c++ code. None of that fancy c++ 11 stuff. But I have spent so much time developing my own version that I'm not quite ready to move from spine-c to spine-c++ yet. When I have some spare time and a compelling reason I will definitely dive deep into it!
头像
riverman_paul

badlogic

Sorry, that is an error in the README. Spine-c supports clipping fully (as do all spine-c based runtimes).
头像
badlogic

Mario
帖子: 1380

riverman_paul

Are you sure clipping is fully supported in spine-c 3.6? The clipping works fine in the editor, but it's not clipping anything when I render in-game, even though so far all other features I've used seem to be fine. Maybe there is something special I need to do in-code to enable the clipping? I'd be happy to send you my rendering code if that would help.
头像
riverman_paul

badlogic

Yes, I'm 100% sure clipping is supported :) I assume you have written your own renderer? In that case, you'll have to add the code that performs the clipping. See the SFML renderer for an example spine-runtimes/spine-sfml.cpp at 3.6
头像
badlogic

Mario
帖子: 1380

riverman_paul

Ah okay, thank you!

It would be very helpful to mention clipping support in the spine-c docs (even if it's just a link to this page). I assumed that it works with the example rendering code since most everything else does. I will get into it today and see what I can do!
头像
riverman_paul

回到 Runtimes